2x15 or 4x10? (and speakerhole.com)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Mar 30, 2001.

1. well i was checking out speakerhole.com and i was thinkin that maybe my next cab purchase will be there. that is of course if i can get some kind of warranty cause those things are dirt cheap and those sound liable to break easily and might have crappy tone.

but if i do buy from there....should i go for a 2x15 or a 4x10? i already have a 1x15 running, and i think the 2x15 might sound muddy having 3x15s running. but the 2x15 is a lot cheaper and it could sound better. anyone have an experienced and educated opinion on this?
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

jr. - I don't know squat about that company, but I've been through more than my fair share of 10's and 15's. I don't see any reason not to get the 10's. You have more punch in your mid range and your top end will be crisper. In other words, the full range of your instrument will be handled better. That's a generality, but companies don't often show you a "frequency response in Hz's" graph.

Three 15's in separate cabs will compete with each other more than they will compliment each other, IMO.