2x15 peavey?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stinger12345, Aug 6, 2009.

1. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    Hey, so here's another thing I've found on my local Clist. It's a peavey cab that's 2x15. Does it look like a good deal? I mean...for $100, it seems like it doesn't it! I play reggae, so the deeper the bass the better. I figure if I pick this up, whenever I get an upgraded head, at least I'll have this beast covering the low end. I just have no idea what to expect with it, doesn't even seem like it's a specific model or anything. Any light you can shine on this is appreciated, thanks guys!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/1303315622.html

2. Hell Yeah! I paid $40.00 for mine empty and cleaned it up. Put some drivers in it and love it. You will like the low end on it. Good Deal.

3286984682_ec0f4f7ee8.jpg

H

3. I saw that posting as well and was considering getting it myself, but decided against it because I don't really "need it" :spit: haha. I'd say go for it. Screamin' deal.

4. I bet that tone is fat!

5. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I have an old (1973-old) Peavey 215 that refuses to die. It's been through a foot and a half of water in the basement of my old house, been used as a guitar and bass cabinet by my son and his band (before they could afford their own gear), served as a rehearsal hall amp and, most recently, was part of a stage set up for a couple of other bands (I didn't want playing my "A" rig cabinets). It has mismatched speakers - one mid 90s Scorpion and a '75 EVO - and damned if it doesn't sound better than ever! All 4 bassists who played the Peavey on July 4th raved about the really cool, punchy sound and "no excuses" deep, warm lows. It's a shame my refrigerator weighs less.

I am so glad to have that cab that I just let a similar-aged Peavey 1810 (18" B. Widow and two 10s) follow me home for $100. That one's about the same weight, but less awkward to move.

After going through Acmes, Bergantinos, BagEnds, Edens, Schroeders and other high end cabs, I'm having more fun (and sounding better) with these working class giants. Who'd have thunk it? ;)

6. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Buy it now! It is a keeper. If you can handle the weight, it will pay you back in solid bass! I've had mine for about 17 years. Its been in and out of my rig(different bands/gigs). I've had to condense my rig spacewise, so now I use a single Eden 15 w/an Eden 210 top. But previous to that, I used the Peavey 215 under the Eden 210 and shook the Earth! I even painted those metal bars on the front grill gold to match the Eden! I had EV 15's loaded in it because the Peaveys were long gone. Do it!

7. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    How much does it weigh? I will probably get it anyway, I'm just curious because I'm like a stone wall standing at 5'7" 140lbs.:meh:

8. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    I hope you got it! 'Cause it's gone! :eek:

9. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    Dangit :(

10. Even though it was an older cab you needed to move on it the same day especially one that is cheap and in good condition.:crying:

11. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain

Aug 4, 2009
    California
    Haha, I was looking at the same listing a week ago, and my mom said no due to the weight... I guess I'll never get a monster rig going till I get out of college :crying:

12. How did you get your mom to schlep your gear??:p

13. Yeah, and by the time you're my age, you'll be downsizing your monster rig from 15" to 12". :) A tiny Mesa Scout. plenty. DI makes it big enough for anyplace.

14. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain

Aug 4, 2009
    California
    I'm in high school (and she might as well have my debit card in her name because I can't use it) But, considering the weight of it, I think I'll look into the world of 2x12 cabs... I wonder why they aren't too popular.

15. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    212s are great cabs (far preferable to 210s and 410s as far as I'm concerned). But a 215 refridg - totally different sound. Before I added insulation to damp my old Peavey 215 it had a built in echo (that is, if no cars were parked inside at the time).

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021