Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2x8 Cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by onebassplayer, Apr 11, 2003.

1. For smaller gigs, I would like to stack a 2x8 on top of my 1x12 - but I have no idea who makes a good 2x8 for bass, if there even is one. Anyone own or have any comments on a 2x8 cab?:confused:

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Oh Yes - my favourite cab is the Euphonic Audio VL208 - do a search and you will find loads of threads about these!!

3. nicnoyd

nicnoyd Guest

Feb 24, 2003
    Accugroove has a 2x8" + 1x6" Cab,the TRI 208...here

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    SWR used to make a 2-8 called the Baby Blue Monitor which you might find used.

Why do you THINK you want a 2-8 anyway? All of the cabs mentioned already sound nothing like each other.

5. Yea, I thought about one of those, but don't think they make them anymore - is that true? I know I can't find one for sale anywhere, used or whatever ! !

Thanks for the post.

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I use a homemade 2x8 at church for a monitor. It's perfect, couldn't imagine using anything else.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I had a chance to audition an Accugroove Tri 208 a couple of weeks back. It is a very nice cab, and - like all Accugrooves - is quite neutral, and really brings out the individual character of whatever instrument(s) you run through it. It also very much a full range speaker. Check out the stats - this baby goes to 35 Hz!

In several other threads, I have mentioned how impressed I was with the Accugroove gear (and a Whappo, Jr. is definitely on my shopping list!). Of the three cabs I listened to - the Tri 208, the Whappo, Jr. and the Mini Whappo - the Tri 208 is the least efficient (if that is an issue to you), and it is a tad bit warmer sounding than the other two (while still maintaining a very high degree of clarity and accuracy). Two Tri 208's, with the right amp, would make a killer, and very portable, rig. I think the Tri 208 would also pair up well with a 1x12.

Hope this helps, Tom.