2x8 Cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by onebassplayer, Apr 11, 2003.

1. For smaller gigs, I would like to stack a 2x8 on top of my 1x12 - but I have no idea who makes a good 2x8 for bass, if there even is one. Anyone own or have any comments on a 2x8 cab?:confused:
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Oh Yes - my favourite cab is the Euphonic Audio VL208 - do a search and you will find loads of threads about these!!
  3. nicnoyd

nicnoyd Guest

Feb 24, 2003
    Accugroove has a 2x8" + 1x6" Cab,the TRI 208...here
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    SWR used to make a 2-8 called the Baby Blue Monitor which you might find used.

Why do you THINK you want a 2-8 anyway? All of the cabs mentioned already sound nothing like each other.
  5. Yea, I thought about one of those, but don't think they make them anymore - is that true? I know I can't find one for sale anywhere, used or whatever ! !

Thanks for the post.
  6. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I use a homemade 2x8 at church for a monitor. It's perfect, couldn't imagine using anything else.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I had a chance to audition an Accugroove Tri 208 a couple of weeks back. It is a very nice cab, and - like all Accugrooves - is quite neutral, and really brings out the individual character of whatever instrument(s) you run through it. It also very much a full range speaker. Check out the stats - this baby goes to 35 Hz!

In several other threads, I have mentioned how impressed I was with the Accugroove gear (and a Whappo, Jr. is definitely on my shopping list!). Of the three cabs I listened to - the Tri 208, the Whappo, Jr. and the Mini Whappo - the Tri 208 is the least efficient (if that is an issue to you), and it is a tad bit warmer sounding than the other two (while still maintaining a very high degree of clarity and accuracy). Two Tri 208's, with the right amp, would make a killer, and very portable, rig. I think the Tri 208 would also pair up well with a 1x12.

Hope this helps, Tom.