1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wanted 3/4 fingerboard blank

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by LukeTheDrifter, Jun 19, 2018.

1. LukeTheDrifter

LukeTheDrifter Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Dallas, TX
    Hey everyone!

I've got a project bass with a ridiculous amount of scoop dressed into the fingerboard, and it needs to be replaced (not enough wood left to reasonably correct it).

Any chance that one of you has a 3/4 fingerboard blank laying around that you'd consider getting rid of? By "blank", I specifically mean a new fingerboard that is roughed out, but hasn't been finally fitted or dressed to a bass (not just a slab of ebony :laugh: ). I would also consider a take-off fingerboard that hasn't been dressed extensively and has plenty of life left on it. Ebony or rosewood only, please (no maple or similar).

It would be great if you are local to the DFW, TX area, but I'm not opposed to dealing with shipping. If you have something, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks very much!

Luke