1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 3/4 Fully Carved Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by bherman, Oct 17, 2020 at 12:26 PM.

1. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a beautiful, fully-carved ¾ size double bass. In excellent condition, nicely flamed sides and back, beautiful spruce top. Bass is an Art Chinois model AC1000B. Chinese origin, imported and sold exclusively by Kamimoto String Instruments in San Jose, CA. Bass was built in 2005. Scale measures just over 41 inches.

Professionally set up by Bob Ross Double Bass/Denver, when I first purchased the bass including new adjustable bridge, fingerboard planing, wooden endpin, and sound post adjustments. Recently completely gone over by Bob and given a clean bill of health. Now wearing a set of Pirastro Perpetuals. I've owned it since 2011 and its had a few minor seams and cracks repaired over the years but has been very stable.

Includes a Bobelock padded case in excellent condition.

Located in Grand Junction, CO. Willing to meet halfway within reasonable distance for serious buyers. Contact me via pm with questions. IMG-2489.jpg IMG-2490.jpg IMG-2491.jpg IMG-2492.jpg IMG-2493.jpg IMG-2494.jpg IMG-2495.jpg

Asking $2,500 obo, cash, certified bank check, or PayPal payment only.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 1:02 PM
  2. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Great talk basses, player, person, and an unbelievable gear connoisseur. He has been my shop for upgrading dear as whatever he has used is top notch, and my rigs are all his hand me downs. What is the scale length?

3. bherman

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Hey Bubba thx for the vote of confidence! its about 41 1/4 scale.

4. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I don't know this brand but I know Kamimoto Strings in San Jose. If anything comes out of that shop it's a sure fire quality piece. I have only the highest opinion of that place. Been there once and walked away impressed.

5. bherman

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Thx Hans that's good to know. When I purchased it I called them to try and get more info. They have this line of basses (as well as violins, cellos) made for them, apparently the only US shop to sell them. Don't know much about it beyond that, but its definitely not a CCB.

Hans Gruber likes this.
  6. Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I see that these go $5200 new. That's a GREAT price here.

7. bherman

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    thx Hans! I got a good deal when I purchased it some years ago (although I put quite a bit into it to get it into top shape). Hope all is well with you in LA!

Hans Gruber likes this.
  8. Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Thanks! I'm really happy with that German bow you sold me and using it quite a bit! (Ended up gifting the French one to a friend of mine).