1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD 3/4 German "wilfer"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Chaosreigns, Nov 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this bass in 2010 from Mike Shank, and it has been my main axe since. This is a great instrument. It has an incredible tone. The fingerboard is very even, no buzzing with my super-low action.

The info on Mike's website at the time stated "3/4 Size Wilfer Gamba shaped Master Art double bass with Black Diamond C. 1920-30".
    There are 2 stickers inside, one simply states "Made in Germany" and the other notes "repaired ribs & top" from Shanks Strings.

This bass has been drilled for angled endpin by Mike Shank. I'll include the two angled endpins in addition to the standard endpin.

Two minor blemishes include:
    -Missing Bumper
    -decorative ebony piece is broken at heel (see picture)
    I'll either have these fixed before sale, or we can negotiate these two issues out of the price. Both of these issues however are purely cosmetic.

I'll include a 3/4 Mooradian standard which is in pretty good condition. It has one small hole which is under the neck strap.

Asking $11,000
    Local sale/trade only

possible trades: 5/8 basses, Marcustico bass, Fodera basses

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    BaddaBING and robinunit like this.
  2. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    That's a nice looking bass. Someone will be happy to have her, I'm sure.

3. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

Beautiful! What is the string length?

4. 42 inches

5. dkimbrobass

dkimbrobass

Jul 16, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Had my Wilfer rebuilt by Mike. Shank + Wilfer = great sounds, easy to play. Somebody buy this.

Chaosreigns likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021