1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3/4 Johannes Kohr Carved Top

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by lowendforlife, Sep 24, 2005.

1. I have a 2 year old 3/4 Johannes Kohr carved top bass in a beautiful Busetto shape. It is strung with Helicore Med. Hybrids, and comes with an older set of Helicores and a used set of Thomastiks (minus the D-string due to a previous gig incident :p ). The bass is in beautiful shape...it has a few nicks and dings around the edges, but all seams are tightly closed, and there are no problems with the instrument at all. Set up perfectly by Ron Annis in Sarasota, FL. The strings are relatively low, yielding a very easy playability, and it gets a surprisingly big sound for a non-fully-carved bass. The bass sounds even and very focused throughout all registers and continues to sound better and better as it ages. I am in the Tampa/St. Petersburg FL area, and am not willing to ship. Let me know if you would like to come try the bass.
    Asking $2500

2. I've decided that I'd be willing to make shipping arrangements if necessary...I won't let distance come between a prospective buyer and this instrument. It is a very nice bass with an ever-increasing sound quality...Please e-mail for pics.