1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3/4 Shen style and bow - Mpls area

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by aens_wife, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aens_wife

aens_wife Commercial User

Jun 14, 2011
    Co-owner, Dwarfcraft Devices
    I have major issues with my back and left arm. Sigh. I just can't justify keeping an instrument that I cannot physically play.

It is a 3/4 size bass from about 2000. I bought it from my instructor (Jim Clute from the Minnesota Symphony) who said it was a Chinese bass, similar to a Shen SB 180. It is unmarked. There is no label on the inside, so I don't know exactly what it is. Flamed maple back. 42 inch string length. I will do some more measuring later today and post pics.

it is LOUD and warm sounding. Fantastic for jazz and classical, but I have Belcantos on it right now, because I don't play jazz anymore.

I am asking $3000 and I can include the bag and a david gage realist (old copper model).

I also have a Sartory copy french style bow. This is the absolute best bow I have ever played for under $2500. It is nicely balanced. I had it rehair recently, but I honestly don't like how it was done. Asking $1000.

I am close to Minneapolis/St Paul. I am willing to drive. to meet someone.

2. alextaylor

alextaylor

Sep 19, 2014
    Hi, Do you still have this bass. I am very interested. Please contact me: 612 559 5592 I live in SE Minneapolis

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    This thread is over two years old and the seller hasn't been on the site for over 6 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.