1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3/4 size double bass stand

Discussion in 'Ask Lynn Seaton' started by John Rich, Oct 1, 2016.

1. John Rich

John Rich

Oct 1, 2016
    I have a very durable, folding bass stand that's great for secure storage but the bottom arms are too low for leaving the peg out at the required length. I have to lay the bass on it's side and retract the peg and then the opposite to go from stored to playing. I saw a very secure, padded stand years ago that allowed the bassist to keep the bass in the stand while playing and then just leave it there in it's stand while on break. Do you know who makes such a stand? I don't have me tools where I'm living right now and can't fab one up myself.

2. Leo Smith

Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
  3. dderatz

dderatz Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2010
    An acquaintance uses that stand in Broadway pit work and on the strength of his recommendation, mine is arriving today. I'll let you know later what I think.

4. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    I have the same stand. There is a limit to how much of the end pin you can leave out - maybe 8" or 9", check the site.

5. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX
    So sorry for the delayed reply. The technical issues where I have been unable to receive notices of posts on this forum and being able to reply to posts have been resolved.
    I took a stand to a welding shop and they inserted a piece on each leg to allow for the extended endpin. It cost some money, but it works great!