1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3/4 size Strunal flatback for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Et Cetera, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    If anyone is interested in making an offer on my bass please let me know. I shattered my humerus and shoulder in an accident and now have a metal "replacement shoulder." So in addition to having about $10,000 in medical bills I'm still paying off, I can't play anymore. Anyways, here's some info about my bass:

It is a Strunal (Czech) 5/5 flat back which I purchased in 1997 (or 98?). It's the semi-pro model with the glossy finish. I've put a lot into setting it up over the past 6 years or so and it has a really nice sound that's not too mellow and not too bright. It has an adjustable bridge and Helicore D'Addario orchestra strings.

Also included would be:
    an A.T. Saldo German brazilwood bow
    hard leather German bow case
    ProTec deluxe case
    Bass wheel (I think its a Knilling but not sure)

If anyone wants to know more please PM or email me. I will try to add pictures asap. Thank you. :help:

2. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    adding pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s. yes, those are bitemarks on the bridge. they're from my roomate's puppy.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Looks nice. What is it with dogs and DB bridges? My friend had his all chewed up by a dog...while it was at the luthier's shop!

Good luck with your sale; if I got back home to Wisconsin more often, I'd probably make you an offer.

4. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    well, in this dog's case i think that he was actually after my mute. i guess thats what i get for putting a chew toy on my bass. ;)

5. cassidyholden

cassidyholden

Feb 21, 2004
    Is this bass already sold?

6. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    nope. i sold the case and bow already, but the bass is still for sale. if anyone is interested let me know.