1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3 basses for sale: highly motivated seller, one week only!--SF Bay/ Western seaboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by kittyboy, Oct 29, 2013.

1. kittyboy

kittyboy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hi TB

I've taken three of my basses off consignment in SF and am staying in town for a week before returning to Seattle to sell them on the Seatac/Vancouver market. My vehicle will allow me to get all three home, but I'm highly motivated to make a sale in SF and lighten my load for the trip home. I own a total of five basses right now and really only need one!

If a potential buyer in Northern California or Oregon wants to see them we could possibly schedule something on my drive home. I could also possibly meet a southern californian buyer halfway.

First bass is SOLD

Second bass

Possibly spoken for.

Third bass

ca. 1890 Karel Slavik large 3/4 flatback

This is a single-maker Bohemian bass. I had Bill Merchant (famous NYC luthier) re-build the back several years ago (and do some other work), and it's now extremely healthy and has a big deep voice that in my experience is hard to find on basses costing less than $20K. String length is 42 1/4".

Bill appraised it at $21K, and I've had it priced at $20K; now offered for

$17K/best offer.

This is one of the two nicest basses I've ever owned and I'd be happy to keep it as my lifetime bass. That said, I've got a fair bit of money tied up in it and would like to get some of that cash back. Includes cover.

Pictures soon.

I'm also open to offers for someone who wants to buy two or even all three of the basses. For instance, I'd offer all three for $25K, quite a reduction from the $36K I was originally asking!

The basses will be available to check out in SF anytime Tuesday or Wednesday. After that I can show them in Petaluma or potentially Sacramento on Thursday Friday or Saturday. They may be available to be seen in SF again on Sunday or Monday.

Let's make a deal!

2. kittyboy

kittyboy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    bumping for the third bass

SF bay area folks: here's your chance to have an orchestral/master-jazz-bass quality instrument for $17K/bo