Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3 cabs on 1 Clarus head??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greywoulf, Apr 6, 2004.

1. I read somewhere where a guy wanted to get the full 300W, 2 ohm load out of a Clarus head so he ran two Agi GS112's and then added an SWR Goliath 210...! (He said it sounded great, BTW).

But as the Clarus only has two Speakon outlets for cabs, I'm confused as to how one would add on a third cab? Can the GS112's be somehow daisy-chained? Or is there such a thing as a split-cable connector? ;)

Greywoulf

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Not hard at all, actually:
    Two 8 Ohm cabs in parallel on one Speakon
    One 4 Ohm cab on the other

I have done it and it really shows what the Clarus can do for headroom, but I am more likely to run an 8 and a 4 for 2.66 Ohms. My cabs are a little less spendy: two 8 Ohm Flite 110's and one 4 Ohm Ampeg PB210H.

Oh... The two cabs are paralleled by daisy-chaining them. A speaker cable from one goes to the input on the other. Easy, common, effective.

3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I will be running 2 4 ohm acme low-b1 cabs with a clarus 1 for a whopping 300w, in about a month... :)

Alex

4. dnburgess

dnburgess

Jul 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Proprietor: Bass People, Green Square Music
    I'd like to hear how it works out.

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    me too... my back, ears, eyes, and just about everything else on my body can not wait... And my neihbours will be happy too..

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Just be careful about how hard you push the Clarus when you are driving a 2 ohm load. I think Joker had some problems with his unit. That setup does look sweet though.

7. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I play avant garde jazz, and ambient drone type stuff..
    All my guitarists use real low watt amps so I'll be fine.. Thanks for the heads up though...

Alex