3-D bass models

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 72beetle, Jul 6, 2002.

1. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey, I started fooling around with some 3-D modeling and manipulation programs, and naturally the first thing I want to make is a model of my Ric. It got me to wondering, though, if anyone else has 3-D models of their gear. Also, I've only been able to find a couple of models online (both Fenders), does anyone know of places to look?

2. I've been known to knock around in Rhino/3DSMax. I have done a P-bass, but I'm not proud of it anymore. However, I recently did a Telecaster. I seem to have forgotten the saddle screws on the bridge though. Oh, well. I'm not going to wait another couple hours for a new render.
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    That looks really fuggin good! The only thing you should maybe take a look at is the neck heel, Its a bit...large.
  4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Sweet pic. I love Tele's (at least as far as g***ars go :) ).

I don't know a thing about 3D imaging so I'm probably not the best critic of this sort of thing.

Come on guys. Let's see some basses.
  5. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the neck heel, thickness, etc. I had never really looked at a Tele until I made that model. I had never even played a Tele until the other day, when I bought one. :eek:
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    How do you do that?! That's pretty cool.
  7. www.rhino3d.com

Rhino is the program I used. It's nifty. I rendered it in Flamingo, a side-program to Rhino. I also use 3d Studio Max, more for messing with animation.
  8. thats a pretty nifty program you got there!

you done anything else on it?
  9. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hehe, I used CADD, 3DS Max (ver 4), and 3DS Viz and got some pretty sharp images of my Squire P, it was all from memory (as I was at school) but the measurements were all within 1/8 of an inch (Lucky gusses mostly). I have all my pics on the server at school, not here though :mad: and I have a short animation of a stick-man (didn't have time to make it look like a real person) playing NIB (Black Sabbath) and then threw in the actual bass line (hehe, With Wah changes and all :D) and it turned out "Not bad" considering it was a stick-man playing it. I should go see if I can FTP into my school and pull it off the server...hehe, if I can, I'll have to e-mail pics out, they're way to huge to post ;) :)
  10. I've done a few renderings of my bass in 3d. Using AutoCAD only so it's kinda hard to get it the way I want it...I can draw practically anything in 3D using ACAD but a bass just doesn't click in my head lol.
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, I just do the basics in CADD, then export them to either Viz or Max to do the rest :D