1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3-D bass models

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 72beetle, Jul 6, 2002.

1. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey, I started fooling around with some 3-D modeling and manipulation programs, and naturally the first thing I want to make is a model of my Ric. It got me to wondering, though, if anyone else has 3-D models of their gear. Also, I've only been able to find a couple of models online (both Fenders), does anyone know of places to look?

2. I've been known to knock around in Rhino/3DSMax. I have done a P-bass, but I'm not proud of it anymore. However, I recently did a Telecaster. I seem to have forgotten the saddle screws on the bridge though. Oh, well. I'm not going to wait another couple hours for a new render.

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    That looks really fuggin good! The only thing you should maybe take a look at is the neck heel, Its a bit...large.

4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Sweet pic. I love Tele's (at least as far as g***ars go :) ).

I don't know a thing about 3D imaging so I'm probably not the best critic of this sort of thing.

Come on guys. Let's see some basses.

5. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the neck heel, thickness, etc. I had never really looked at a Tele until I made that model. I had never even played a Tele until the other day, when I bought one. :eek:

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    How do you do that?! That's pretty cool.

7. www.rhino3d.com

Rhino is the program I used. It's nifty. I rendered it in Flamingo, a side-program to Rhino. I also use 3d Studio Max, more for messing with animation.

8. thats a pretty nifty program you got there!

you done anything else on it?

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hehe, I used CADD, 3DS Max (ver 4), and 3DS Viz and got some pretty sharp images of my Squire P, it was all from memory (as I was at school) but the measurements were all within 1/8 of an inch (Lucky gusses mostly). I have all my pics on the server at school, not here though :mad: and I have a short animation of a stick-man (didn't have time to make it look like a real person) playing NIB (Black Sabbath) and then threw in the actual bass line (hehe, With Wah changes and all :D) and it turned out "Not bad" considering it was a stick-man playing it. I should go see if I can FTP into my school and pull it off the server...hehe, if I can, I'll have to e-mail pics out, they're way to huge to post ;) :)

10. I've done a few renderings of my bass in 3d. Using AutoCAD only so it's kinda hard to get it the way I want it...I can draw practically anything in 3D using ACAD but a bass just doesn't click in my head lol.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, I just do the basics in CADD, then export them to either Viz or Max to do the rest :D