3 days to rid my fear of outdoor gigs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Oct 12, 2005.

1. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    So you're standing there, can't hear much apart from the drummer's snare- the kickdrum has vanished into thin air. Ocassionally the wind swirls around and you can hear those other prize lemons to your right singing and playing guitars.
    As you look up to the skies and wonder wether it's about to rain The elements have taken on a dwarfing perspective. Your mates never did turn up because the weather forecast said it was going to start "P!ssing it down with rain the very Tom's band starts playing". Suddenly it feels very much like you're standing in a field holding a heavy peice of wood playing in "the school orchestra" to erm... ...well, nobody much. :eek: :bag:

I've been having this day dream all week. I have a gig to play next Saturday. Small indoor venues- no problem- outdoor gigs, scare the pants off me.

Please help me TB members to overcome my fear in 3 days and perform like some sort of fearless rock animal come Saturday afternoon. :bassist:
  2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    forget it, you're doomed :D
  3. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Can't really help ya since i have not giged outside in years.........but your post made me laugh and thats good :D :D :D