SOLD ****** 3 JERZY DROZD Basses ******

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Basstard, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Basstard

The Basstard Puttin' the "ass" in "Basstard". Supporting Member

I'm playing mainly 6 string basses these days so a few of my fivers are going to have to go. I have decided (reluctantly) to part with the following Jerzy Drozd works of art:

Excellency 5 - beautiful highly figured exotic spalted maple top, etimoe body, 35" scale, 24 fret bolt on Maple and wenge neck with macassar ebony fretboard
, Aguilar OBP3 preamp, gold hardware, mint cond. $2950.00

th_jd10.jpg

th_jd9.jpg

Signature 5 - JD's top shelf model - 35" scale, 24 fret ebony fretboard, spalted maple top, walnut core, burled walnut back, 13 piece neck (maple, purple heart, wenge, with maple stringers), ebony nut(45mm), 20" fretboard radius, JD fully adjustable bridge, JeDXS dual coil pickups with wood covers, Aguilar OBP-3 (3 Band preamp - vol/blend treble/mid/bass mid freq. switch), 9.1 lbs., mint cond. $3400.00

th_JDSig3.jpg

th_JDSig2.jpg

Legend 5 - semi hollow etimoe body, maple top, maple/wenge neck w/ebony board, 36 frets, 35" scale, piezo & magnetic pickups, Aguilar OBP3 preamp - this bass is in excellent condition. There are a couple of very minor scuffs/scratches and there is a hairline crack between the magnetic pickup and the sound hole that was repaired by a professional tech. Killer sounding bass that produces huge tones!
    $2700.00

th_jdl18.jpg

th_jdl22.jpg

th_JD20.jpg

All of the above will come with a deluxe padded gig bag.

The only trades I might consider would be 6 string basses with small neck profiles and narrow string spacing (Ibanez GVB1006, Washburn XB926, Carvin 6, maybe the right Cirrus 6, etc.)

I know a lot of you folks are going to be interested in the weight. I will try to get weights for the Excellency and Legend posted soon.

Thanks for looking.

2. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Very nice price for the Excellency 5! That is a fantastic looking bass and having had 2 JD's, I can say he makes an absolutely beautiful AND great playing and sounding instrument.

3. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    OMG!!!!!!!!!! LUST.... you gotta love JD basses, super fast necks and great builds. GREAT PRICES HERE!!!!

4. That Excellency is hot! Wish I had a 6 to trade you.

5. The Basstard

I should add that while I do live in Canada, I'm only about 2 miles from the border of Washington State so I can easily ship from within the US. So, no international hassles to worry about for my American brethren.

6. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    PM sent

7. The Basstard

So, I recently happened upon a Jerzy Drozd 2013 price list and when I priced out what the new cost would be on the basses I have posted, I nearly prolapsed. This got me to thinking that whereas I will likely never be able to afford to replace my JDs (new, anyway) I should reconsider letting them go.

GAS may rear it's ugly head and cause me to place one or more of these basses back on the market some day but for now I'm going to hold off on the sale and hang on to my lovely trio.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks to all those who submitted trade offers.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.