1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3 leaf You're Doom vs Brassmaster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Grapevine921, Jun 21, 2016.

1. You're Doom

2. Brassmaster

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. So, what'll it be? You're Doom or the Brassmaster?

I'm looking for a fuzz that borders on edgy synth-like territory. I know the Brassmaster is very "crunchy" for a fuzz but I'm not sure how it compares tonally to the almost ring mod sound of the You're Doom. Does anyone have experience with both pedals? How would you describe them?

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'd describe them as very, very different from one another. The You're Doom is a touch sensitive, mild fuzz. It has a punchy, somewhat nasal sound. I didn't love it soloed but it was very cool as part of a synthy combo with an octaver and/or a filter. It also has a very cool, synthy sound if you roll off your tone control and palm mute.

The B:Assmaster is a vintage octave up fuzz with a huge, compressed sound. I think it sounds fantastic soloed, especially for industrial type sounds but I didn't care for it as part of a synthy chain.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021