Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3 new cd's I just ordered

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Mar 6, 2003.

1. I just ordered Blues Traveler: Travelers and thieves, Joni Mitchell: Don Juans Reckless Daughter, and Bass day '98 cd. I know that the Blues traveler cd is good because ive listened to it before, but I dont know about the Joni Mitchell or the Bass day '98 cd. Does anyone else have these cd's and think that there good? My mom told me that Don Juans reckless Daughter isnt that good but ive heard ppl say it was good. So is it good or not?

2. Is Jaco better in this than in "Hejira"?

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Jaco is less prominent in Hejira. "Better" is of course very subjective (though you seem not to think so - "My mom told me that Don Juans reckless Daughter isnt that good but ive heard ppl say it was good. So is it good or not?").

If you're buying it for Jaco's playing, maybe DJRD is a better choice.

4. Sorry didnt mean to come off as immature, I meant what cd is jaco more prominent on, and i guess that its DJRD, well im glad i bought it. And sorry about the mom thing I shouldnt be taking advise from 52 year old women.

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL.

Don't let Boplicity hear you say that :)

6. Nah I got hipped into Joni from hearing that Jaco played with her. If its got Jaco I own (or am soon to) it. She did get me into motown and funk tho. Too bad I cant play guitar with her, she sucks lol.