3" nylon bass straps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Basso Gruvitas, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Does anyone know where I can get some new, plain black 3" nylon bass straps?

With padding would be nice too!:D

2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I have the Kepur and it certainly doesn't stretch but is not very comfortable, IMO. It really cuts into my shoulder.
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    honestly, i've had the same experience with straps that were TOO wide. i use a 2.5" padded leather levy's strap. AWESOME piece of gear.
  5. I have a 3" strap I brought from the Bass Gallery in London UK I use it with my 7 string and it is really comfortable with excellent elasticity

Look up www.thebassgallery.com

and go to the String etc section.

However you can probably get something cheaper in the USA.

6. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I got my 3" nylon strap free with a pack of D'Addario XL bass strings,, I dont think I'd go back to a 2 incher now.
  7. EXACTLY! I don't know why 2" straps are so common when they cut like a knife into your shoulder!

Let's think about it for a second: Now that there are more OLDER bass players in the market than there were 10, 20 years ago, why not accomodate us old fogies and make some wider, cushioned straps?!
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm going to move this to Misc so it can be combined with the other thread...
  9. just get a decent strip of leather or really any rather strong material from a fabric store and put two holes in it... or strap locks if so inclined... thats what i did... big thick fuzzy cow pattern fur strap :) cost about 3 bucks if i recall (had the locks from an old strap)
  10. Geddy - uh, NOT Geddy,

That's not a bad idea, but doesn't that strip of material "shed" on you if it's not doubled over and sown on the seams?
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I've been using a Levy's M6 for i think either 2 or 3 years now-i honestly forget. I think it's 3inch. or 3 1/2. It has some padding on it too. I got mine from Bass NorthWest for i think $38 or so with shipping. I also have schaller straplocks on it and i don't see having a problem with it any time soon. For the comment for the older bass players-i'm 17?!?! :eek: :D us youngins like our comfy straps too. Especially when they're connected to toys worth more than the car we drive :D [note, my car is worth i think $500 max]. That's all
  12. i havent had any problems with it...