Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3 people stabbed at Cradle of filth concert in cincy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Happend last night. I was actually going to go to this show but at that last minute decided I should save my money for gwar. Any who.A band named bleeding through took the stage, and anybody has been around any of the hardocre seen no how hardcore kids are with their slam dancing and fighting.Well apparently alot of fights broke out and this even made the local new and from my friends account at the show that witnessed it first hand with the new accoun this is what went down. Some either preppier guy got in the middle of the pit and was being" attacked" and grabed a knife from the bar. Other story was it was a security guard that did the stabbing cause he was being ganged up on.Bogarts(venue were it happend) are pretty good usaly checking for weapons but that crap ruins everybodys fun and ive seen it alot and its the same straight edge group.Im not saying all straight ege people or groups are like this its just one imperticular one Im getting really fed up with cause my friend got jumped at hatebreed by the same people.

2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Wise man.

People=poo, get used to it. :scowl:

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Meh, don't go in the pit if you don't want to get hit, period. I've seen many non "straight edge" people get pissed off about getting hit and thats just part of the show. If you don't like it, get a seat. Not that I'm advocating stabbing people, but I've seen shiz on both sides.

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    That is very sad in itself. I personally stay away from mosh pits, but I still think it is sad that violence is normal.

5. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    well, when i say getting hit I guess that I should clarify, not like a punch, but if you're in the pit you're GOING to get run into. It's usually not purposeful, but sometimes it is. It's fairly easy to avoid if you stand off the side/front/back of the pit, that's what I do, but my friends love to get in there and go crazy.

6. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    There's a difference b/n the people that go in there just pushing people around and the people that go in there windmilling their arms wildly. I swear I want to run in and clothesline these people!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave up moshing long ago but these people still royally piss me off :mad: .

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I can understand bumping into each other. Not that I care to do it, but I do understand it. When it goes beyond that with fists flying or in this extreme case of people getting stabbed, then it just makes me wonder about mosh pits. It seems to me that there are some number of people going there with the intent of hurting someone else and that is very sad.

8. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Ill mosh or get into a slam pit i dont mind getting hit but when people start jumping people and try to maliously beat them its out of hand.The saddest part is they think one of the victims got stabbed is looking likes its going to be a fatal stabbing :(

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    +1

Besides, why the hell would you pay up to $70+ just to hurt someone...you can do that for free in public.

10. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    hey, what's this can of worms doing here?

11. I used to work security at a large local club, and it all starts at the door. You see the same a$$ holes show after show, and security has to be on top of it, either don't let them in or keep an eye open. Then to the pit, I know your supposed to have fun, but the second someone starts "swinging for the fences", you bounce them hard as a warning. You can't let the situation get out of control.

12. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I agree with that. Seems like a waste of money and a show to me to just go around trying to hurt people. It's always sad when a good time turns bad just because of some assholes getting out of hand.

13. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I cant see how people can do this at concerts. You go to a concert to appreciate their music.

14. I havent't been in a mosh pit since two broken ribs ago (the other guy had one broken rib a small pneumo-thorax, not good). Neither of us meant it to happen either.

15. It's all about, umm, well, there really isn't any good answer for that. It just seems like the thing to do.

Rock on
    Eric

16. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Yes and no, each person gets something different from a concert. Though mosh pits aren't my thing, I have nothing against them. I do find it disturbing that these events are resulting in injuries and possibly even deaths. Nobody goes to a concert expecting to die. Nobody should.

I'm 40 years old now, but I remember what it was like to be a teenager. Believe me, I did many things that I'm lucky to have survived. Having lived to 40 now, I can look back at those things and realize how dangerous they were.

I just hope that this tragic event can lead us to an awareness of a problem. Hopefully we can find a solution that still allows concert goers to have fun, but without having to risk their lives.

17. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    With a name like Cradle of Filth......I'm not surprised at all.

18. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I was going to go for himsa. I made a post of them and I think you responded about the being a fan since their earlier stuff smash.

19. Wait, so cradle of filth themselves weren't stabbed?

And here I thought we had just rid ourselves of one of the worst bands ever.

20. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    What is it about Cradle of Filth in particular that causes this? The one CoF show I went to, some guy got beaten with a bar stool.