1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3 pickup project basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GlennW, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I have a bunch of pickups that need to go in basses or back to ebay.

I have a couple of cheap basses, a Turser '54 P and a Epi P (on the way), and I'm thinking about using them as places to put some extra pickups.

By the necks I'm thinking about using a Kay Speed Bump on one and a Hagstrom HIIB pickup on the other. I'd also like to add a J by the bridge on the '54. On the Epi P I'd like to use either the Kay or Hag by the neck and a Muy Grande P/J set.

It seems sort of stupid because part of the beauty of the P is its simplicity, but OTOH it seems like a sensible way to put these pickups to use. I'd rather have two basses with three pickups than three or four basses with one or two.

Controls will probably be simple on both, pickup selector switch and cap switch - no volume or tone pots.

Anyone done something similar? How did you like it?