Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3 ply tortoise shell pickguard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right forum or not.........but does anyone know where I can order a good quality 3 ply tortoise shell pickguard for a standard Jazz bass??

Thanks!

2. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
  3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I ordered one from hammerheadmusic.com and the thing is a piece of junk.........it's only a one ply which they hid from the specs list, just pretty much a cheap ass one I could have made myself.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Another vote for bad Hammerhead. I told them MIM, they sent me a '75 RI guard, and then a 62 RI guard. I told them to cancel the order, they let me keep two useless guards and refunded me. Can't argue that though,.

5. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I ordered mine from Stewart-McDonald, it was a tortoise-shell jazz guard. I took a chance because I had studied and realized there were different sizes of guards around and I didn't want to get the wrong kind. I was fitting it to a 2003 MIM Fender Jazz.

At first I immediately got all ticked - i thought it didn't fit. After getting fed up, a few days later I just like pushed it on there, and voila, it actually fit just fine. The screw holes were a smidge off, so there are 2 holes i still can't screw in. Otherwise, it fit great, so you might want to check there. Cheap prices! That's why I ordered.