1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3 switches, 1 light, TTL Logic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Minger, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Alrite, I guess I just need a little bit of help with some stuff...

I need a circuit using TTL logic...its basically the same as in house wiring, where you have 3 different switches that can each turn on and off one single light (like...have switches in a room that control a ceiling light or something).

I need this with TTL logic, which I'm basically thinking to use a XOR chip or somethin - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks...

2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    So you want it to be that any of the three switches can turn the light on or off at any given time? If that is what you want then you need to cascade two two-input X0R Gates. Take the first two switches and input them to one XOR gate and then take the output of that gate and XOR it together with switch 3. The SN7486 is a standard TTL quad two-input XOR chip.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Thank you man...

and for anyone wondering why the heck I'd ask something liek this...well, I've got a substitute for digital electronics (well, he was subbing for my cisco class as well today) but the sub basically gave the question and said he'd give 10 bucks to whoever answered it, using whatever resources because he figured most people can't figure it out.

But man....thank you. Seems a bit too simple - I thought my friends would have thought of that and I think he may have shot it down...or something. oh well.

Run it on the simulator tomorrow in class, and get my $10...i love ya man :p