1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3 Warwicks, Need to Choose 1!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Warwick Infinity SN

25 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Warwick '90's Thumb Bass BO or NT

47 vote(s)
    39.8%
  3. Warwick Streamer Jazzman

24 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. NO! Other bass!! (state in post)

22 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Hi,

I am currently looking into a new bass (as many of you know from my other posts) and has fallen in love with Warwick again. Here is what my choices are:

SN Infinity
    90's Thumb BO or NT (which ever one pops up when I'm buying)
    Streamer Jazzman

I know the Infinity is going to be the most expensive of the 3, but I love it. Which one is the most versatile? I like how the Jazzman has a mid control, but I could always get a new preamp for the Thumb or the Infinity if I would want to.

Thanks

-Arpeggi

2. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    90's 'Wick definitely! That was when they were complete top-of-the-line stuff. I love the new Warwicks and would be so happy to have one, but playing a pre-1997 one totally blew me away.

3. FortessOne

FortessOne

Nov 8, 2004
    The old Thumb NT's are fantastic. The Streamer Jazzman should be fine. I played an Infinity and didn't like it at all.

4. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Personally, I love the thumb.....not with a strap though (sitting down is great!)

I'd go for the streamer myself, of course I find my spector comfortable, streamer is pretty close to that. So that's my .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002

5. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Try a Streamer Stage II before you buy anything else. Seriously, I didn't know basses that good existed.

6. what kind of music are you playing?

7. DistantTremor

DistantTremor

Nov 29, 2007
    That's actually a question I'm wondering too.

8. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    no one likes the infinity?

9. infinity SN, if you find one, you're lucky. They sound incredible and they're discontinued

10. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Hard rock, funk, funk-rock. That's the sound I'm looking for for this bass. I have a jazz Bass for the classic rock stuff.

11. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    I have always loved Streamer Stage II's, but I have no idea where to try one. I've looked online and no places near me have one in stock to play. Plus it's expensive, but I could get one used :p

12. DOLPHIN!

:D

13. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    My 98' made in January one has the Wenge neck, I'm guessing that's when they were great quality, because I have to tell you this bass is great. Need to fix the jack ,though and the careless previous owner scratched it :mad:

14. That's the one that's on my wish list. A really lovely bass, especially the 5'er.

15. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    the only thing is I don't want to save my money for something that probably is going to be sold once i have enough money for it. It's a cruel, cruel world!

16. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I say at least try to find and play a warwick Katana. They sound fantastic. They have a very close feel to the stage II's IMO. Although they are quite heavy, but if ur looking into warwicks weight probably isnt an issue for you.

17. The old thumb basses are pretty cool, and something of a classic at this point. I've got a Dolphin SN that is real similar to that Infinity, it's alright I guess. I don't use it much anymore. Never played the Streamer Jazzman. The best sounding Warwick I've ever played was an older Thumb bass. Wenge neck through, with the brass adjustable nut. Probably early 90's. That was a great bass, I have yet to play a newer Warwick that impressed me like that.

18. I have an infinity SN 5 String that TOTALLY rocks
    9d97_3.
    If you can find one of these babies BUY IT!
    It has an incredible tone and plays like no other warwick I have ever played before or since.

19. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    They don't make the katana anymore :bawl: