1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3 way switch for S1, Series/parallel, and mute ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tysonh, Oct 31, 2010.

1. tysonh

tysonh

Jan 2, 2010
    I want to install a two way S1 switch on my jazz bass. I was thinking it would be cool to possibly put in a 3way switch and make one position a mute switch and the other two settings series or parallel. Is this possible with a 3 way mini switch ?

2. You could use an On/Off/On, but the potential problem would be that the neck pickup would be connected at the hot, but the other end would be open. This could lead to some noise problems, though there is an equal chance it would work fine.

If you want a mute though, you would probably be happier with a killswitch to short the output, eliminating all noise.

3. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    +1

Or, you could use a volume or tuner pedal to mute the bass.

4. tysonh

tysonh

Jan 2, 2010
    Thanks that was my initial thought, I did want to try and consolidate the limited space on the control plate from the one switch.