Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

30-Second Bass Loops

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XavierG, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Have you guys heard Jeff Berlin's 25 second loop (on his web site www.jeffberlinmusic.com)? I thought it was great! Now, Dann Glenn is going to come up with one too, and I thought, it would be cool to have you guys come up with a 25 -35 second piece that can be looped like Jeff has done. Should be loads of fun, and a lot easier to host - which I will on my site. So, whaddaya all say? Send me your "loopable" clip in mp3 format and we'll get this going pronto. I'll drop Jeff & Dann a line and see if I get their ok to add their loops onto the site as well.

2. Hey Xavier, that's a really great idea! I tried to send you my mp3 but your server was swamped, what with everyone else sending theirs.

:rolleyes:

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there, G? :D

I'll send you a file as soon as I get it recorded on my computer. I hope I can get it thru to your server easily, what with it being swamped and all.

By the way, Your Bossa tune should be called "Um Pouco Mais", which is portuguese, instead of the spanish you have on your sig.

4. Has anyone ever had reason to feel that anything I've ever said on TB was sarcastic in any way? That would be totally uncharacteristic of me. ;)

You really think so? Why?

Anyway, I'm working on a Brazilian samba, which I may ask you to help me title. It's an instrumental (acoustic guitar & tons of percussion).

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    See above...just kidding. I'll record something and send it along too.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Because Bossa Nova is a brazilian music style, and it would be consistent with the genre. Otherwise, you might as well give it an english title. Just for authenticity's sake. You don't wanna be associated with people (mostly americans:D) who think Brazil is a spanish speaking country, do you?

I'm game. Lemme know when you have it together.

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I'm in, I'll get something in the next day or two.....

8. Pacman - I'm looking forward to it.

Blisshead - Sent you a PM re the clip you emailed me.

Everyone - Where are your clips? ;)

My loop is now on my website. You can click HERE to listen to it.

9. Blisshead - I received your (replacement) sound-clip. Thanks.

Pacman - I haven't abandoned the loop 'project', but am trying to determine the best way to present them on the website. I'll figure something out sometime this week.

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    bump.

what's up, X?

11. Argh.. (bows head down in shame).... I have 2 excuses - both lame:

a) Can't figure out how to make the loop "loop" so to speak, unless it's embedded in a page (like mine is). In other words, what I had in mind to do, that is, have a page dedicated to loops from various people, where the viewer clicks "play" and the particular piece plays and loops, well - it hasn't happened!

b) I haven't had the time to sit down and try to figure it out.

But, thanks for bringing it to my attention, Jon. I'll work on it tonight and see what I can come up with. The loop page will be up by tomorrow - one way or another. Visit my site then.