Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

30 second video clip

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkySpoo, Dec 13, 2002.

1. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    O.K. I originally posted this in the performance forum but it got moved to gig stories. I deleted it and am now posting it in misc. Anyway it a 30 second video clip of my band at an open mic at Zigs in Alexandria Va. We are a blues/swing band. So what do you guys think? BTW you'll need real player or quick time or any player that will read an AVI file, what ever that is. The file is about 6 megs.

http://www.goodhill.org/temp/mvi_0363.avi

2. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds pretty good. I can't hear the horns very well though.

4. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Thanks for the overwhelming responce guys. Is it because the download is big or am I just being ignored again.

5. I can't speak for the others, but when I clicked the links, the pages took forever to open ...
    I gave up waiting after four minutes. (and I have a fast cable connection !)

6. I also had problems when I clicked the link. It opened media player and just sat there. I think it's this damn OS though. I then just right-clicked the link and did a 'save as' and had it downloaded in one minute (not bad for a satellite connection!).

I liked it. The trombone didn't come through much, but I picked up trumpets. Are they in the background? The sax was light until solo, but the bass/guitar/drum was balanced well. Nice bassing.

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Sounds cool. :) Yeah, some of the horns were buried. Other than that it sounded good. Good bass lines and tone.

8. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Hey thanks for the responses guys. Yeah as far as the balance goes, since it was an open mic night we had to set up in under 5 minutes. That and the video was taken with a little digital still camera that can also record 30 second clips with a built in mic. Everybody went though the PA except me. I was using my SM400 as a pre-amp and my PLX 1602 into a single VL210. All my EQ was set flat. The slow download times could have been due to the 6 megabite file size.