1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

30 years of Masters of the universe, the 30 greatest moments

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blazer, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    [​IMG]
    Well as a kid and like so many of my peers I watched "Masters of the universe" and drained my parent's money by collecting the figurines.

And having bought the series on several DVD boxes and of the spin-off series "Princess of power" and with a better understanding of the English language I can say that this series as far as guilty pleasures go isn't really one I should feel guilty over. The episodes were well written, the voice acting was top notch and the value of it being one of the very last series which was written and animated in the USA is priceless.

So with this being the 30'th anniversary of the series, the He-man and She-ra blog created a list of the 30 best moments of the series and here's that said list.

30. Save the world, our world, not his.
    29. "I have the power!" chapter 1. Bragging about supposedly being He-man can lead to a whole lot of trouble...
    28. "I have the power!" chapter 2 one of the very few times that the power of Grayskull isn't used by He-man.
    27. What kind of circus is this? Probably the most hilarious piece of animation from a Master of the universe episode
    26. The truce between Evil Lynn and Teela. Both warrior women show a mutual respect for the other even though they are on opposite sides.
    25. He-man showing that being the most powerful man in the universe also means having a strong will and state of mind.
    24. Prince Adam facing his most determent opponents ever and it isn't Skeletor and his forces
    23. He-man temped to join the dark side. This shows He-man at his creepiest...
    22. Skeletor captures Castle grayskull, it wasn't going to be for very long but the evil warlord sure showed his capabilities here.
    21. He-man and Skeletor fighting side by side, a moment that Skeletor wants to forget about and whatever you do NEVER tell him that it was for the "Greater Good"
    20. He-man won't give up the life of somebody to save another and it's this holding on to that principle that saved that said life.
    19. Give me some truth. Every episode has a moral reason at the end and none got ever more realistic than this one.
    18. The blind leading the blind, He-man having been blinded must learn to trust others.
    17. Queen Marlena to the rescue. Showing that He-man's heroics run in the family.
    16. Friendship for always. Prince Adam showing his grattitude towards his cowardly tiger Cringer for being there for him.
    15. Orko saving Prince Adam and Cringer's lives. Orko showing that he's more than just a goofball.
    14. The most powerful man in the universe showing why he has that title.
    13. He-man giving credit where it's due, after learning of the sacrifices the Sorceress had to make, He-man thanks her seeing as how she isn't been given enough credit for doing so.
    12. "Grayskull of power the by" Orko's homeworld is a world where everything is backwards so to trans form into He-Man, Prince Adam has to recite words in reverse order.
    11. Queen Marlena hints that she knows Prince Adam is He-Man, a mother knows best after all.
    10. A local girl gives up everything she had to help her people out by becoming the Sorceress of Grayskull. This scene is also important since it foreshadows "Princess of Power" by showing She-Ra's sword.
    9. King Randor conversing with He-Man about Prince Adam and the king unknowingly expressing his feelings toward his own son to his own son.
    8. Teela unknowingly replacing her mother as the Sorceress, at the end Teela asks the sorceress if she can help her find her mother at which the sorceress replies that where ever her mom is, she's very proud of Teela
    7. He-man and Skeletor, one on one battle.
    6. Orko finding love on his home planet. Orko was a goofball, comic relief, the fact that he finally had his day was so good.
    5. Prince Adam expressing how tired he is of having to be two persons, showing in effect that there's a third person: the guy who stand in between Prince Adam and He-man.
    4. He-Man carries Teela off into the sunset, the moment that all the flirting that He-man did with Teela were leading up to.
    3. Teela witnessing the power of Grayskull
    2. He-man rejecting the power.
    1. Teela's Mother is revealed to be the Sorceress of Grayskull and how because of her duty, the Sorceress has to erase that revelation from her own daughter's mind.

2. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    You forgot the moment they quit production.
    :bag:

3. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Ha ha very funny...

[​IMG]