$300 amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RyanMitchell, Sep 26, 2005.

1. RyanMitchell

Sep 17, 2005
    ok this is my last thread about this sorry for so much posting, he said in 2 weeks he will spend 300, now he isn't loking for a gig rig but something nice to practice with. he really likes this setup

anyone have a better suggestion in this price range? some1said a fender rumble 100 but the one at the store was broken so he couldn't try it out.
  2. I am confident that an SWR LA15 or Fender Bassman 100 would own that Ashdown thing. Anything with a 15 would probably be better than that as long as its not complete crap.
  3. RyanMitchell

Sep 17, 2005
    well he was looking on a site and found a "Hartkee 2000" head, do u need anything beside the head to hook it up to a cab? it says something about preamps but do u need one of those? http://www.avatarspeakers.com/ has it for $149 + shipping. its 200w rms into 4 ohm and that'd be well over the power he needs. and he was planning on building a 2x12 cab.
  4. The hartke 2000 is a complete head, meaning it has a preamp and a power amp combined.

He'll need a speaker cable and the speaker cabinet.
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I'd go for a combo amp for pure practice. Those mini-rigs will get ya nowhere, and you can get a better combo for the price. I'd especially stay away from any modern Hartke gear. Just doesn't sound too good. For practice, a Fender or Peavey combo would probabally be great. I've had good experience with Crate combos as well.
  6. RyanMitchell

Sep 17, 2005
    yeah he knew he need the cab + cable, we have never messed with anything beside combo amps so we didnt know about the makeup of heads.