1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

$300 to spend on a used head.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sedan_dad, Nov 3, 2006.

1. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I need a small head for my Ampeg 410he --(8ohms).
    I'm doing some smaller clubs that it's stupid to bring the SVT to.I thought a small rig would be nice to have also.
    I played though a GK backline 600 that was nice,a bit weak though. 3 pro's go for too much.Maybe a b2r,b2re,(what's the difference?)I like the Ampeg tone I suppose.Old school bottom.
    Opinions?

2. bluetiejeeper

bluetiejeeper

Oct 24, 2006
    danville CA
    If your looking for somthing at that price I would say peavey, alot of options will last forever a little on the heavy side, and with my behringer BDi21 it sounded pretty growly. that was with a Tmax with a tube pre. They can be had for 300.

3. AckAckAttack

AckAckAttack

Aug 27, 2006
    My friend has a B2R and it sounds pretty good, and defenitely has enough for smaller to medium sized gigs. He plays it out of a GK BackLine 410, but its blown 2 of the speakers in it, but I don't think its the amps problem because I've heard many people with problems with that cab.