1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

30's king moretone for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by tony moore, Oct 29, 2004.

1. hey folks,

i thought i had a local buyer for my king moretone, but it doesn't appear to be happening... i bought this bass about year or so ago from my local luthier and fellow talkbasser nick lloyd. it's a 3/4 laminate king moretone and thought to be circa 30's? it's been refinished at some point and the painted purfling removed during the process. the refinish (a bit darker blonde) looks to be a home job but the wood has some nice flame to it. nick just put a graphite reinforced ebony fingerboard on it,a nice brass endpin and a new adjustable bridge on it last year. it's definetly a player with character and mojo and has it's fair shape of scrapes and bruises. but it's solid, plays and sounds good, is strung with comfy obligatos and also has a realist pup installed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have a little over $2000 in it, and would like to get $1700...

thanks!

tony
    tony@moorelab.com

2. hey guys,

anyone care to share why my bass hasn't sold? priced too high? noone interested in old king basses here?

thanks,

tony

3. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I'd buy that bass in a heartbeat, if I had the extra cash, and if I was closer. I'm in Arizona.

Kevinlee

4. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I saw someone bought your bass on ebay. I knew that bass would sell if the right person saw it.

Congratulations
    Kevinlee

5. you were right kevin! and within 10 minutes of posting. i just met the buyer tonight, who drove 2 hours to get it. great guy and was really happy as he's been looking for a king. very cool :)

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Very nice bass, and if Nick set it up, I'm sure it's a player...how did you date it? I've got a King moretone as well. I've found no way to date it by serial numbers?