1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

30th Av. MM Stingray for $1150 new- should I go for it?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thedude77md, Jan 25, 2008.

1. OK, I need some opinions please. A local shop has a brand new 30th Anniv. Stingray on clearance for $1150. Kinda surprised me, and I am seriously debating jumping the gun on 'er tomorrow morning. To be honest, I don't even know that I'll play 'er much (I prefer Sterlings) but seems to me that it would be a good investment piece at that price. Thoughts?

I couldn't find any currently on sale new or used apart from one eBay listing that went for $1000 not so long ago. Don't know if that is an anomoly or if there are just a ton of these out there. I don't know the MM market so well. Thanks!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Absolutely.

3. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    That's an awesome deal! Jump on that one! Now!

4. Thanks dudes! The GAS needs feeding so it isn't defeated by fiscal guilt.

5. Wow. I just found one on G-base going for $1750. I am all over this sucker!

6. kmk42019

kmk42019

Aug 14, 2006
    Baltimore
    I sold mine for $1300. Grab it!

7. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    First of all, no one HERE is going to tell you not to get it.

Second, GET IT ALREADY!!! :)

8. I know. Setting the alarm to get up early tomorrow and grab it :)

9. I just picked it up and good news- they have one more at the same price. $1149.99 w/out case, I got 'em down to $150 on the case and had a 10% off card. Regardless, $1300 (including a new set of DR's) seems to be a great deal on these. Guitar Center in Towson, MD is where its at!

10. SoLongJake

SoLongJake Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Des Moines, Iowa
    heh, trying to sell it without the hardshell case that it shipped with is shady as hell. Not surprising from a GC.

11. Agreed. I pointed out to them that EB probably would not be too happy with those cases ending up with any bass but that. The sales guy agreed with me after getting the case out of the back and seeing that it matched the bass. They pulled the price tag off the second bass and say they were gonna have to re-price it. Knowing GC, it went back up the second I walked out the door. I still got a great deal, I think so let GC be as shady as they want!

12. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    $1300 for a "new" 30th Anniversary? Gun and a mask was involved there. Great price on a great Bass. I've got to get one.

13. There was still one there at 11 AM! I believe GC does ship...

...just doing my part to feed the GAS :bassist:

14. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Heck, I could probably drive there. I go to Joppa for Hostas and crabs at Baldwin's most Springs - only about 90 minutes away.

15. Joppa is only about 20 minutes or so from the GC. If its still there next paycheck I may buy it and stick it in the closet for 10 years or so.

BTW, that Rickenbacker-backer in your sig had me crackin up! I lurve 'em too.

16. Being norwegian, threads like these makes me wanna cry.:crying:

17. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    Yeah, but I hear Norway has great health care!

18. :p

Who needs good medication when you can buy a new Stingray for less than 800 euro's....:smug:

19. Hehe, true enough.
    Norwegian health care and salaries, with American prices on musical instruments: That is my Utopia!;)

But most importantly: Congrats, thedude77md!:)

20. stingray56funk

stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Sweet deal on the 30th AV! I bought mine from GC and absolutely love it! tha tis a smokin' good deal...very close to cost for them. Oh...and GC has to sell you the case separately with the 30th AV...that is the way GC works. Also...my AM friend at GC told me that EB wouldn't honor the warranty on the bass if you don't buy the case with it. Just an FYI...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021