Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tonedef, Jan 22, 2002.

1. tonedef

tonedef

Oct 18, 2001
    Carlisle, England
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Do you mean to download or to learn?My friend is obsessed with 311,i mean obsessed.Well I listen to them alot too since there awesome and heres some good songs to download...

Flowing
    Hostile Apostle(I tabbed this out on mxtabs.net,check it out)
    Feels so good
    Come Original
    Transistor
    Freezetime
    Firewater

There's just a few,if you want to know more just PM me or post again.If you meant good songs to learn I suggest Flowing for an easy song,and Feels so good for intermediate.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    "My Stoney Baby" from the Music album...

4. I dont know, but to go slightly off the original thread. I saw 311 (three-eleven) last Thursday and they were one of the worst live bands i have ever ever seen. I dont like their music much but that was just appalling.

sim

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Why did you go to a 311 concert if you don't like their music?I think there one of the best bands live.Their singer is good and gets the crowd going,their guitarist can solo,their bassist has a good tone,and their drummer,well,he's the best modern rock drummer.Well maybe he's not as good as Danny Carey,;) .My friend noted above went to their concert and said they were good,and I've seen both of their videos,and they seem good live to me.

But I think any band you don't like isnt going to sound good live...

6. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    311 appaling?!? And you have Dirk Lance in your sig., crazy!! Also, how can you like Incubus and NOT 311.

no 311=no Incubus

7. dude, there is a Pop Group by the same name, the only difference is the way you say their names

Rock 311: Three-one-one
    Pop 311: Three-Eleven

8. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    um, please clarify... 311 (as in the only 311 most people have ever heard of... three eleven) is a rock band... is there another band that is heavier or something?

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This better not turn out to be a troll attempt.

10. it's three eleven? i thought it was three one one

11. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    The band 311, with P-Nut as their bassist is a rock band.

The band 311 (pronouced three one one) is a pop group (like Destiny's Child, but younger, that was only around when that boy band tripe started around 98-99)

12. you must have had your hearing aid set on "broken". 311 has the best, tightest, most energetic live performances of anyone playing today.

13. embellisher

I've only seen them live once, but based on that, I agree 100%. And I'm not a huge 311 fan either, although some of their early stuff is pretty cool.

14. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    :mad:

the man has an opinion, just like you.

15. embellisher

I know, *StOnEd*, but the way that he worded his posted sounded like trolling. As I said, I am not a 311 fan, so if somebody doesn't like them, it's no skin off my back.

16. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    311 isnt really a rock band,they mix alot of music into their songs,rap,rock,metal,funk,jazz,etc...

17. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Yesss!!!! 311 is a great live band! They all give great performances.

Some of their songs that I like are

Large in the Margin
    Evolution
    All Mixed Up (311's biggest hit - 1995)
    T+P Combo
    Livin' and Rockin'
    Down
    Don't Stay Home
    From Chaos
    Amber
    Flowing
    Freeze Time
    Purpose
    I'll be here a while
    Come Original
    Homebrew
    I told myself
    Beautiful Disaster

They have so many excellent songs... there are just too many to name. Download a few of these ones and you'll get a pretty good idea of what 311 sounds like.

18. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    those are all good, but might i also suggest some of the older stuff like

Do You Right
    Hydroponic
    Feels So Good
    Applied Science
    Taiyed

ok, there's way too many

19. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah I think "from chaos" isnt as good as early stuff like hydroponic,and homebrew,or feels so good.oh "nut symptom" has a nice slap solo.