Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

312?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by K Dubbs, Aug 21, 2002.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Does anybody make a 312 cab? seems like it would be a perfect compromise between the weight of a 410 and the lesser cone area of a 212

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i think that epifani made one but i am not sure...

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I used to have an old Fender Rhodes cabinet that was 3X12... Doesn't help you any, but there it is...

-robert

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    just checked, i didn't see them on there but i could swear i remember them...

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Lately I've been throwing my Bergantino 1/12 HT on top of the Bergantino 2/12 cab.....and they sound great together! The cabinets have different designs & focus but complement each other very nicely....kinda like a 3/12:D

6. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA

They did. I emailed them and asked what their loudest cab was. Answer: 3x12

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I own a Nemesis 2-10 cab, and am thinking of adding a 2-12 and 1-12 cab to it.

Not really what you are asking, but just to point out that its an idea many people (or at least I) would like to see done.

Peace
    Nick

8. Damn..my EB-MM HD212 sounds HUGE. Why the heck would I want a 3x12? Mine is already 95 lbs! Maybe you should just try some better 12" cabs. Mine is massive.

9. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    madsub, i'v got an eb hd212! I agree it's a sweet sounding cab (other than the bit of white noise i get outa the 6"). I don't understand how they say that its rated at 600 watts though. The drivers are only 200 watts each...that equates to 400 if my addition skills are still up to par. I'm afraid of pushing it too hard. Still though, I'm just talkin about air pushage...a 212 only pushes as much air as...almost anyway a 310. a 312 cab could probably be standalone, and its only our hd212's that are 95 lbs. Aguilar's is much lighter, so maybe they could make a decent under 100 weight 312. Just makin conversation though.

10. Oh, that's right; you do have one! I have two! I love 'em! Walt in Seattle (Nightbass) actually had a conversation with the manufacturer of the cabs, B&C of Italy. They told him the drivers were actually closer to 800W's in total with the 6" driver and that 600w's was very conservative? I push mine *hard* and have so much more headroom than those cheap Eden 2x12 cabs I used to own. That stuff is really junk I feel. Of all the gear I have owned Eden just felt the most poorly built. I use a DBX 120XP w/my Ernie Balls and the resulting sound is truly massive. My new Alembic SF-2 is sitting in my living room at the moment...I can only imagine what that is going to sound like!

11. K Dubbs

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    hey madsub...any word on the wattage for the hd210? The site said 350, which is ok, except i mono my 1000 watt power amp into the hd210 and hd212 at 4 ohms. I'm afraid the extra 150 watts into the 210 might fry it, which would suck because you can't buy them anymore. I don't run my power amp at full tilt because of this. Do you think i should even worry about puttin 500 watts into the 210?

12. I really wouldn't sweat it. You are more likely to cause damage to the unit by *underpowering* it than anything. Just use your ears, you will know when it is time to back off....(!) Best to have the headroom.

13. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Yes, Epifani did make one. I don't know if they do anymore. I saw one in Memphis at Brian Barrett's shop. You could contact him and see if they do.
    www.thelowend.net