1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

32" scale custom bass neck, how get what I want without making it myself?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Mavrykelle, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Mavrykelle

Mavrykelle

Dec 24, 2017
    I am making a custom bass. All I want is a finished 32" scale jazz bass neck that is maple with a maple fretboard and white block inlays. I've looked at companies and many don't have 32" scale. Warmoth doesn't have white blocks or the Jbass head shape in that scale length. Other places haven't responded to my questions. I do plan on getting the body from Warmoth so the neck would have to fit it. Im planning on spending a lot so I don't want to have to compromise. I have not the slightest clue how to make it myself.
    Do you know any companies that has these options?

2. Slidlow

Slidlow Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oshawa, Canada
    Maybe someone here will offer to make one for you?

3. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    My friend Keith Horne could make that up for you easily. He's made quite a few custom 32" scale necks lately, including some for a certain regular writer here on TB.

Keith operates under the name of Marvin Guitars. His web site is: Welcome

4. Mavrykelle

Mavrykelle

Dec 24, 2017
    Thank you I just ent him an email

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021