Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

#32...WEEEEEEEHHHAAAAA Go Canes!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Nov 22, 2002.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I can't wait for the NCAA to find all the Caines recruiting violations....

Oh well, as long as it isn't Florida State!

Go Gators!

P@

3. jblaven

jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
    Go Dawgs! SEC East Champs!

4. Im desperately hoping that either Ohio St or Miami loses. If that happens, there is a good chance that Wash St will go to the national champ game, and then USC can go to the Rose Bowl :)

::wishful thinking::

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"I can't wait for the NCAA to find all of the Caines' recruiting violations"

They got nothing on the U of Mich Athletic program.

6. I have MASSIVE respect for UF, but hate them more than anything in the known world. GUESS WHO I'M A FAN OF?

Nov 30...
    Doak Campbell Stadium....
    THE GAME...

ARE YOU READY FOR US???????

:D

It' oughta be a GREAT game...both teams are about equally good. We are gonna go out there and attack you; you are going to go out there and atack us, and my the better team win. Especially if it is not Florida. LOL :D (jk)

7. Brodowski, you like the State College for Women Seminoles? Figures.

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ahhhhh..... yes........ finally an FSU(cks) fan sticks his head up...

I am sure we could have been pals, but you know how it goes! We just have to despise each other now! :D

kidding....

doesn't look like either FSU or UF have much to look forward to this year except this game! It outta be a good one this year, both teams are very evenly matched!

P@

9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I'm tempted to keep my trap shut, but 10 down; 2 to go.

Miami's got more than just a mop-up job left with Syracuse (potential spoilers still jacked about last years 59-0 shelling) and VaTech (potentially angry/frustrated with nothing to lose and no other way to salvage the season than to cause an upset).

I'm just thinking back to 98 when Miami runied UCLA's perfect season.

So I'm not one for premature celebrations, but I have to be happy with my Alma Mater.

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

College Football upsets are hilarious! Because when they happen it seems that people pull out all the useless stuff they want to smash and burn!

11. Tell exactly what the f** that is supposed to mean. :mad:

12. Hehe. :D

The game is evenly matched, but you have stability at the QB position and we don't. I know Grossman hasn't exactly had the best year, but at least he is the clear starter...We might be toggling McPherson and Rix back-and-forth next week.

Plus you have better offensive play calling (I swear to god, Jeff Bowden is an idiot), and UF plays well away from the Swamp, beating Georgia in Jacksonville (although UF ALWAYS beats UG, regardless of the circumstances) and beating Tennessee in Knoxville.

Isn't it funny that our defenses have bailed us out in several games this season? Both FSU's and UF's defenses came into the season as easily the weaker part of the team. Ours makes lots of big plays, yours is very consistent. But I could be wrong; I (rather stupidly) haven't followed UF closely enough, probably because they are the ENEMY :D

Overall our inconsistency and lack of stability at the QB position negates the home-field advantage IMO, and UF wins 21-17 in my prediction. But, as you know pmkelly, when UF plays FSU, you might as well throw stats out the window.

I cannot believe people think FSU has a bigger rivalry with UM than UF; that's just ridiculous. I KNOW that despite the hatred we have for the 'Canes, NO ONE P!SSES OFF SEMINOLE FANS LIKE THE GATORS, and vice-versa. I mean, UF-Georgia is NOT a rivalry; UF wins ALL THE TIME.

We DO have an BCS bowl bid (even though we don't deserve it), probably against Georgia coming up eventually. Wanna play 'em for us? :D And you'll get into a good bowl, especially if you beat us (brining you to a ten-win season) and second place in the SEC overall.

I like Ron Zook. He is a much better guy than your last coach. There is no one, ever, that I have hated in football more than Steve Spurrier (except for Bengals "GM" Mike Brown.

Anyways, hopefully whoever wins deserves it. (Under my breath I hope we win at all costs, but that kinda makes me a jerk) I wish I could say good luck to you, but this is just one game where I JUST WON'T :p

This is what a FSU-UF game should be. (Except that both teams lost to Miami; IMAGINE IF FSU-UF WERE 1-2 IN THE NATION, HOW BIG THIS GAME WOULD BE!!!!!)

It should be a good one, a hard-fought battle.

13. So much for FSU having a quarterback controversy....Adrian McPherson was just kicked off the team for violating some "unspecified team policy." What a f**k up.

OK, now at least we know who our starter will be; it will be Chris "AAAH! A WR IS OPEN! BETTER RUN UP THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!" Rix.

I still think Florida will beat us. :(

:confused: :confused:

14. Back in the day, what is now Florida State University used to be the Florida State College for Women. It went co-ed in the mid-'60s, if memory serves.

My grandfather was the head of the economics department at the University of Florida, and my father has trained me well as a Florida fan. Gators forever, baby.