320 watt tube amp on ebay!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by v-12, Jun 12, 2005.

1. v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    after always seeing all the threads looking for a good tube power amp- here is one on ebay:

no its not an aguilar 728 (but the rivera is 320 watts and weighs 73 pounds- still built to last with more than enough power for ANY situation)-but its half the price, stereo, and just a good deal. no affiliation with the seller (other than he's who i bought mine from awhile back)- just trying to help out anyone looking for a good deal......
  2. It's worth noting that the Hammer 320 is a stereo amp (2x160). Of course being tube-based it cannot be bridged, but it might be of interest to an ERB player.
  3. I may be wrong here, but arent 6550's usually ~50watts each ?

and im just assuming it has 6 of em aye?

Still, looks fairly cool :cool:
  4. BassistSteve

May 22, 2005
    There is a possibility that this could be a good amp for only $650. But then again, don't forget the shipping.... holy crap $60! Oh and the shipping insurance.... $1,000.00 Required.

5. that thing is a beast!
  6. v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    it uses 8 6550's- but unfortunately i paid $100 more for mine about 6 months ago :crying:; even @ $750 i still think it was a GREAT deal, and after insurance it wound up being about $75 to ship- it weighs almost 75 pounds! i had a strategy 400+ and i think the rivera crushes it headroom wise....... i prefer the fact thats its stereo- i like having seperate volumes for sepereate cabs.
  7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Not true... The Carvin TS100 Stereo tube poweramp can be bridged. So can the Peavey Classic Power amps.. don't know about this one though.
  8. Learn something new every day! I see that some of the Mesa Boogie tube amps (among others) do as well. I seem to recall reading that would be an issue...
  9. was it maybe in the thread where people were discussing bridging an all tube amp with a SS amp, and people (ie me) not thinking it would work
  10. even if you couldnt bridge it, couldnt you biamp backwards and run a seperate 1/4 into each side, then connect them into 1 1/4 going into a single cab

i cant see why this wouldnt work

maaan 650? this is making me nail my hands to the desk so i dont reach for my wallet

anyone know how this sounds?

oh and has anyone ever headr of the mesa 90/90s used in bass, or how they sound?
  11. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    That's just asking to fry the output transformer. :scowl: Don't do that whoever gets this.