1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

34" Scale, 1-5/8" Nut, 2-1/8" 21st Fret - Does it Exist???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by circuitspore, Oct 24, 2006.

1. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I normally play my P-bass in the band I'm in, and sometimes towards the end of the night playing my Fender up near the heel gets to a be pain because of my (relatively) small hands.

Tonight I brought my DeArmond Jetstar to rehearsal, and I was reminded my I love that bass so much. The neck is 1-5/8" at the nut and 2-1/8" at the end of the fretboard. The only downside is that it's short scale so the string tension just isn't the same.

So my question is: has any company made or does any company currently make a 34" scale Precision or Jazz style instrument with the same neck width as my Jetstar? I'm looking for a production-type instrument in the sub $1000 range if possible.

2. The Craw

The Craw

Jul 31, 2006
    Nothing I know of made right now, but Hamer's original Cruisebass in the early to mid 80s (not the J type they made in the 90s) had a P/J setup, 21 frets and a neck that was narrower at the heel. May have been 2 3/16" or even as wide as 2 1/4" but definitely narrower than a Fender-style 2 1/2". They do come up now and then on eBay, usually go for about 500-600. Only thing is, they're all mahogany and set neck. That may or may not suit you.

3. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Craw. I'll have to keep a lookout for an 80's Cruise Bass.

Anyone else?