Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

34 scale, 24 fret bass necks?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Alowishus, May 16, 2005.

1. Alowishus

Alowishus

Feb 28, 2005
    Where can I find one that will fit a fender bass? Do these even exist?

PS. Not like the warmoth ones that extend over the pickguard. Those are pretty much useless.

2. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Extending the fingerboard over the pickguard would really be the only solution.

3. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Yeah, if you extend the neck itself (not the FB), you'll increase the scale, so extending the FB (oh, that's fingerboard, by the way) is really your only option.

4. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Yeah, if you extend the neck itself (not the FB), you'll increase the scale, so extending the FB (oh, that's fingerboard, by the way) is really your only option.

Unless, however, you move the bridge up, closer to the neck.

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Its not the only option. He could relocate his bridge to correct the scale! ;)

6. Alowishus

Alowishus

Feb 28, 2005
    I didnt realy mean a direct replacement, Im thinking about building a bass from warmoth parts (except for the neck for obvious reasons :) ) so I was going to place the bridge to compensate for the longer neck. I just need to know where I can get a 24 fret neck that will fit the neck pocket that warmoth uses, which if im not mistaken is the fender standard. Sorry for the confusion :D

7. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Oh, ok. I thought this was for a Fender (or Fender-esque) bass. Yeah, scooting the bridge works, too. :D

8. i dont think ur gonna be able to find wat ypur lookign for. u could do one thing. just cut the horns deeper sp u can reach the 24 fret,