Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

34", strings thru body bridge, 6-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Berme, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    i'm would like to see a good 6-string bass (warwick, zon, etc...) with a 34" scale (35" ones are too big for me, and i like smaller frets), and a strings thru body bridge ( i've read this kind of bridges avoid the low B string to sound muddy, and let me use a very low action with the other strings, something very useful in a 34" bass). other things that i would want in this bass are: 2 humbuckers, active electronics, little space between strings and a bright but warm sound. Does this bass exist?

2. anything exist's if you have enough money, have you considered going custom??

3. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    well, costumize would be the last option, because of the money. i´d prefer to play a bass with these things first. but if i don´t find it, i will go custom, of course.

4. it doesn't have to be really exspensive, i noticed you play the TRbjm what don't you like baout that

or are you just after a new bass?

5. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    the only thing about my RBXJM that i don´t like is the heavy weight and the 35" scale.it decreases my playability, cos it makes my left arm separate from my body when playing the first frets. that´s why i´m looking for a 34" 6-string bass. in fact, if you know my Yamaha, you will see all the things i want in the bass i´m looking for are in the RBXJM.
    if i could go costum, the bass would be very similar to my Yamaha, but with a 34" scale (and lighter woods, of course). anyway, the Yamaha RBXJM is an excellent bass, with a great sound, and very good when tapping.

6. www.dpcustom.com

Custom doesn't have to cost a lot, my friend :)

Join the long line of Talkbassers that are putting together specs for a Dave Pushic custom!

7. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    Actually,what u want comes quite close to a Carvin LB or BB 76.Too bad it comes with a single coil and a humbucker instead of 2 humbuckers

8. what aboyut the john Patitucci yammi model

34" nice compact body, and the string space isn't huge one you play it,,#

i know what you mean about string spacing, i have 36" scale with 16mm at the bridge and it's great

consider dave P he can accomobate all your needs, and like what has been said, for not that much

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Contact Yamaha, they'll make you anything you want, especially since what you want isn't all that much different from the stock model. Besides, they use the most figured maple I've ever seen for their necks on their customs! Yikes!

10. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i had a look at those DP Custom basses. a 6 with mohagany body and probably a 5 piece neck and bart pickups and electronics is probably in my future. any idea how much this would cost?

11. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    after visiting the DP web and getting astonished by this manufacturer, his works and his prices, i´ve reconsidered going custom. Wiseman, I´m also interested in a 5-piece neck ( like the one in the main page), with bartolini humbs and active electronics. i´m also impresed by the woods DP uses ( zebrawood overall), and the neck trhu body construction. i think Dave Pushic really loves his work, and has no need of abusing prices. the big problem i have is that i´m from Spain, so making my custom bass travel through the Atlantic will make it rise its price a lot. Anyway i´m thinking of looking someone like Dave here in Spain (i´ve about 1500 dollars to waste, and nothing more) to order a bass with featurings similar to the standard ones that DP uses, and then adding my own wishes (34" 6-string,bart pickups, zebrawood front body, 5-piece neck...). If this costs more than 1500, i will not order it