35" scale Spectors

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rugrat, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    What strings is everyone using? I've become partial to the Spector strings. I tried Ernie Balls and found them to be somewhat lifeless.
  2. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I'm using some DR lo riders
  3. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i had DR fatbeams and lowriders, which i liked a lot, then i got a new pair of fatbeams and the low b wouldent fit in the bridge. I had like half an inch of string sticking out of the back of the bridge. The other night i got DR longnecks, and they suck. I got them becasue theyre tapered, and they fit great, but i dont like the sound as much. That plus my bass is in terrible shape set-up wise.

Ive never tried the spector strings, but i love DRs
  4. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I'm always trying new strings... Right now, I have SIT Power Wounds on my ReBop5. They're a really nice nickel plated roundwound.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Slowounds...I have about 3 or 4 sets left, then I'll be looking for an alternative...
  6. GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I like the nickel DR Lo-Riders for my Euro 5. I haven't tried many other's expect for GHS boomers which I didn't like and I also tried the DR Stainless Steel sunbeams which I really didn't like either. I really like the DR lo-riders that have the 125 guage B string
  7. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    My low B doesn't fit all the way but hey, little more tension.
  8. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    +1 stainless steel