Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

35" scale Spectors

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rugrat, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    What strings is everyone using? I've become partial to the Spector strings. I tried Ernie Balls and found them to be somewhat lifeless.

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I'm using some DR lo riders

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i had DR fatbeams and lowriders, which i liked a lot, then i got a new pair of fatbeams and the low b wouldent fit in the bridge. I had like half an inch of string sticking out of the back of the bridge. The other night i got DR longnecks, and they suck. I got them becasue theyre tapered, and they fit great, but i dont like the sound as much. That plus my bass is in terrible shape set-up wise.

Ive never tried the spector strings, but i love DRs

4. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I'm always trying new strings... Right now, I have SIT Power Wounds on my ReBop5. They're a really nice nickel plated roundwound.

Tom

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Slowounds...I have about 3 or 4 sets left, then I'll be looking for an alternative...

6. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I like the nickel DR Lo-Riders for my Euro 5. I haven't tried many other's expect for GHS boomers which I didn't like and I also tried the DR Stainless Steel sunbeams which I really didn't like either. I really like the DR lo-riders that have the 125 guage B string

7. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    My low B doesn't fit all the way but hey, little more tension.

8. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    +1 stainless steel