350W ampeg power amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Sep 20, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    im just wondering if anyone can help me identify an amp and then mabye give me some good and bad points about it.

Ill tell you what i know about the amp.
    It is a 350 watt amp into 4 ohms
    It has gain and volums controls
    it has led's which show how much is being put into the amp
    It is a power amp

Thats all i know folks, oh and its not a new ampeg. i just want to id this amp and then find info about it, but once i id it i should be able to find info myself, thanks folks
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I remember seeing a few of these poweramps on ebay a while ago. I believe it was called the AP-350. I'n not 100% sure. I wanted to buy one & see if it were any good with my SVP-PRO but I missed the last one by a few minutes.
  3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    yep, that's it, i played one through an svp pro, amazing sound, i loved it.
    Thanks very much. Now i gotta go and research it, i know sumone who might just be selling one......
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    ummm. ok. google gives me one result when i search for 'ampeg ap350'

Does anyone have any experiance with these amp?
    Mabye ill start another topic with the name of teh amp to see if i get more replies....

BTW thanks nino
  5. The poweramp you're talking about is the AP3550. 200 Watts @ 8 Ohm, 350 Watts @ 4 Ohm. One Volume control with a (pull out) possibillity to override the limiter and a presence control (didn't care too much for that). I used to own one but I recently sold it when I found a second hand SVT 300 (all tube) poweramp.
    The AP3550 is well built, weighs about 35 lbs. The only reason I sold it was that I needed the money for buying the SVT 300.

Hope this helps.