1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$375 for an Ibanez Sound Gear SR506 Worth It?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Poop-Loops, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Saw one in a pawn shop and the guy gave me a "deal" to that amount. I'm tempted, since it feels nice... and I have wanted a 6 string for a while... but I don't know if I can justify blowing almost $400 on it... I mean, I know it costs $600, so it is a good deal...

But I guess that's why I'm here. For some advice or insights or experiences you could share.

2. you cant beat it for the price, especially with that deal you have.
    Get it, see if you like it and if you dont, let it grow on you a little bit more.

If you really end up regretting it, sell it here or on ebay - you'll get at least that much for it if you keep it in good condition.

I hav a hunch you'll keep it though, you dont see to many of them up for sale...

let me know if you wanna sell it, k? ;)

3. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I have one and I paid almost twice that. You are getting a very good deal. The 506 has a very nice tone and is quite playable once you adjust to the neck. It has 2 truss rods and wengle/ovangkol neck (both Warwick neck woods at one time or another) so the thing is solid and stable. If you want a 6er, you can NOT beat that price.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Cool. I should have started this thread sooner, I would have gotten it today. :)

Pawn shops are open on Saturdays, right? I'll go then. If not, then Monday. I might knock the price down a bit, too. I can't imagine there are many bass players in my area, much less ones that aren't intimidated by a 6-string. ;)

5. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    You won't hear many bad words on here about the Ibby SR50x series.

Except maybe people bagging the pre-amp.

6. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    That sounds good to me. Here's a good sound clip

7. Machines

Machines

Dec 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    Moderator: basschat.co.uk
    I played an SR505 yesterday - it blew me away for tone and feel. It was equivalent of $800 for the SR505 I played and even that felt a good deal.