Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3D Outline??...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, May 21, 2004.

1. Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had a black 3D line of a Bass??....any shape will do really..!!

I am going to meet Jon Shuker tommorow and I want to have everything ready..

So a blank 3D model of a bass means I cab lable everything up so he know exactly whats what..he said if I can give him as much info as I possbily can then it will make it easier for him :)...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Would search on here but I have no idea even where to start so if there's already a thread point me towards it :)

ps Mods feel free to move this where ever you think it shud go :)...

Cheers everyone.!!! :)

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Sorry, what's a 3-d outline? Are you just looking for something to label the parts of the bass (like, these are the strings, these are the pickups, that kind of thing)?

3. lol.... no0o

this kinda thins but just blank

[​IMG]

so i can lable things like..

String Spacing 19mm
    Nut Spacing 1.7mm
    Top I want Ambonia..
    Here i want a line of Wegne seperating the body...

Bassically so he can use it and follow it .... I guess u can call me SAD SAD SAD..!!! but i think its the best way :)....

4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ah, okay, gotcha. Kind of like an articulated Cad-Cam thing. I tried this once a long time ago, when I wanted someone to build a bass to my specs, but it turned out to be so much of a pain that I gave up, and ended up doing the drawings by hand. More recently I did another set of hand drawings for someone, but haven't gotten the bass yet so don't know if they worked or not. I get what you're looking for though, it's a great idea.