1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3Leaf Audio "Chromatron" Unveiled

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassheart365, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    I've been a huge fan of Spencer Doren's analog pedals over the years - especially his Wonderlove and Octavbre. He has now unveiled the highly anticipated "Chromatron Variable State Filter" - a successor to the now discontinued Wonderlove. I predict a quick sell-out of the first batch, since he is a one man operation.

"The Chromatron is an analog state variable filter like no other. It can switch seamlessly between envelope control and manual control via expression pedal, unlocking psychedelic tones and textures that will surprise and inspire. It features an original envelope detector circuit that follows your instrument dynamics in a musical way, and a low-noise signal path using only audiophile-grade components. Press the MODE footswitch and the filter cutoff is controlled manually via expression pedal. The expression pedal sweep has been fine-tuned to be smooth and progressive, allowing you to achieve lush, synth-like filter movement."

Snaxster, stambroker and karla684 like this.
  2. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    starting to save up .....

3. adamajah

adamajah

Oct 9, 2017
    Sounds great.

Need more demos!

4. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Loving the new art I can't wait to hear more!

5. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Anyone heard the main differences between the Chromatron and the Wonderlove Deluxe?

6. adamajah

adamajah

Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah I'm Wonder-ing the same thing

Tony Rotella likes this.
  7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Whoa....and can use an expression pedal...as in it doubles as a wah wah?

8. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Never been much into the envelope filter thing. But this box may change that for me.

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    What happens when you hit the env switch on a held note?

10. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Yes, pretty much. I did the same thing with my old Wonderlove Deluxe, so it sounds like similar functionality on this pedal.

cosmicevan likes this.
  11. Frodolicious

Frodolicious

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I loved my old Wonderlove Deluxe. Had to sell it because I couldn't shoe-in that effect well enough for what I was doing. If the need ever pops up again, I'd grab this real quick.

12. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Anyone notice that the controls and layout on the Chromatron are essentially identical to the Wonderlove Deluxe? A couple of the control names changed, but they appear to be the same function.

Is it safe to assume this pedal is essentially a slightly tweaked/updated version of the Wonderlove Deluxe? That's what I'm taking from it so far

13. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Maybe spiritually, but we have to wait to hear a bass through it before we know for sure.

14. Personally I hope it's a rehoused GR2.

bass08053 and FilterFunk like this.
  15. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I remember when the GR2 came out Spencer took my GR1 and modded it with the new features, clean blend and buffered loop, that came to the GR2. I love my GR1.5 its been my main filter for years. I'm hoping the Chromatron can replace it.

willsellout likes this.
  16. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Spencer says the circuitry has been redesigned from the ground up on his Facebook page. Same controls as the Wonderlove perhaps, but that’s about it. Looking forward to bass demos, the short guitar clip I’ve heard sounds very vocal, I like!

LSMFT6, Dub56 and karla684 like this.
  17. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Thanks for the info!

Looking forward to bass demos as well, I'm interested in learning more about this one.

18. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Wish the first sound clip was on a bass.

allenhumble likes this.
  19. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    I am psyched - mine is on the way....

20. adamajah

adamajah

Oct 9, 2017
    These look/sound so awesome