1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3Leaf Audio The Enabler

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chief redcok, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Alright, well I think I might wanna sell my BDDI for this nice looking Enabler pedal, I can't really find much about it but from my experience with the 3Leaf Proton Im sure it has to be a great pedal, so just let me know anything about this Enabler!

2. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Sep 28, 2011
    There have been a couple of threads about this already, and I know that a few people on the boards have the pedal (and from what I've read they are generally positive about it).

Still haven't seen any in-depth reviews or demos, though. I'd love to hear this in action myself -- preferably a loop recorded directly through the DI while gradually changing the effect settings, if anyone feels like uploading something like that. ;)

3. Yea, its a very under-the-radar type of thing at the moment.. I just hope more people who have the pedal get back to this thread, he hopefully Spencer will! But thanks for the response!

4. *and hopefully

5. domestique

domestique

Sep 5, 2011
    PA
    Here is a quick write up I did awhile ago when I first got my Enabler:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Chain: Dingwall 5 string> Enabler>Genz Benz Shuttlemax 900> 2x fEARful 15/6/1s.

I found it very clean with the ability to add a mellow bottom end and extra punch when needed. It doesn't have the grit of a VT bass or BDDI EQ pedals, but I have dirt/fuzz pedals for that. I love that it has a DI box built in and will be perfect for barebones gigs where I am just playing into the board and not taking my entire pedal setup.

It sounded very close to my GB SM900 in FET channel with the added bonus of fitting in my pocket!

I definitely see this little wonder box taking up permanent residence in my gig bag for vacations (headphone amp), a backup DI for gigs, and my one pedal stomp box for barebones shows. It would definitely be on my full time pedalboard if it wasn't for already having the VT bass Deluxe..... who am I kidding, I'll probably still put it on!

--------------------------------------------------

I am not sure how the Enabler would compare to your Eden (I have only really played with them at music stores) but if you are looking for a "coloring" box than this really isn't it. I find the Enabler to be super clean (very Genz Benz like) and really allows for your bass characteristics and other effects to really shine through.

What you are going to gain with the Enabler is the ability to have a headphone amp, DI, Eq stompbox in one small package.

One thing to note: The Enabler only works off of a 9v DC power supply (headphone amp needs 300ma) and will not work with a 9v battery.