1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3leaf enabler question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by yaksonator, Jun 30, 2014.

1. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    I've owned the enabler for a long time now and I'm curious about how the eq points compare to the ANY of the eq patches in the zoom b3. I have my enabler at the end of my chain, I'm asking those who used both.. Could the zoom b3 rival the enabler as a preamp eq/di?

2. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    I'm sorry I can't answer your question. But, how do you like the Enabler? Do you use the headphone amp often? I don't have a little practice amp and I'm thinking about it for all it has.

3. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    The Enabler is a very good preamp. I don't think Zoom sounds as good as The Enabler does.
    About the points of EQ, the "philosophy" of the manufacturer is not giving much importance to this aspect.

4. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    The enabler is very (maybe completely) transparent when the EQ is set flat. I personally like the EQ points, seems very flexible to me. Yes, the frequency points are not divulged, but to me it works.

It has a lot of gain, clean gain, so it does work fine with a power amp.

The headphone amp is very good, not as good as my Phil Jones suitcase, but pretty close.

The DI works great as well. AL around, neat little device to have.

Lonnybass likes this.
  5. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Jacksonville, Fl
    If you aren't too thrilled by it, sell it to me! I need a good headphone/practice device. Seriously.

6. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    Oh I know all the good about the enabler. Nothing bad about it at all I'll just have to experiment with an a/b test between the b3 and the enabler. I know about the eq points being tuned by ear, I was wondering if outside of your bedroom could you or anyone tell a difference between the two. I have a zoom on the way so I'll get a chance to do this! In context with a band, I doubt anyone could tell a difference, and that's where id be using these things anyways!

7. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Instead of a new thread, I thought I throw this on here.

I have an Enabler coming and have a question about the Aux Input. Reading the description, I'm getting the impression that it's only heard in the Headphone Out. Not the DI or 1/4" Out. Is this correct?

What do folks do if they want to practice along with the Aux In but not use headphones?

8. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Use my tascam