1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3rd Annual Talkbass Survival Football League

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzbo, Aug 30, 2008.

1. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    For those that don't know, here's the way it works:

Every week you select the winner of one game. That's it. You can choose from every game, and choose which team will win. Here's the catch: you can only choose a team once. So, in the first week if you choose the Raiders to beat the Broncos, for the entire season, you can't choose the Raiders to win a game again. If you choose wrong, or forget to make a pick one week, you're out. That's it. Done. For the entire year. That's why it's called Survival Football. Whoever is the last one playing, wins the league. Sounds easy, right? Well, if you haven't played a league before, just know that it rarely lasts past week 10 or 11 in the NFL, that's how hard it is.

And you don't have to choose a team to cover the spread or anything like that, it's just straight up, who will win the game.

Here's the instructions to sign up. If you have any questions, post it to this thread. The league can accommodate up to 50 players, so tell your Talkbass friends.

And ... choose wisely.

2. Ok, so I clicked the link, got signed in- how do I find the group to make my pick?

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The group is called "Talkbass Survival League" and is group ID# 19219. The password is "dallascowboys". You should be able to find it and join with the group ID and password. If that still doesn't work, you can post or PM me your email address and I'll send you the invite from the league, which will give you a direct link, but I'm trying to avoid getting 50 PMs.

4. Itried all that- I must've typed something wrong. Let me try again and see if I can figure it out.

By the way living in Cardinals country and being a Saints fan, it pains me to type in anything Cowboys related.;)

bob

EDIT: Alrighty then- got it.

5. I am so there.

6. wld3

wld3

Jun 22, 2008

I'm in. :cool:

7. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I'm in, as long as it's just for fun..

8. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    signed up and picked

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I'm in. I'll be the first to lose though. I don't have much luck.

10. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Do I have to have a Yahoo account?

Edit: nevermind. I'm in.

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    So, week 1 is practice then. You still can't pick that first team again, but if you lose it won't count.

12. I'm in.

13. wld3

wld3

Jun 22, 2008
    Nice. I missed my first week's pick (Indy) and expected to be eliminated.

14. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Glad I picked the Patriots week one.