Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3RD gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SLAPBASSPLAYA5, May 9, 2004.

1. hey whats up all? i just got done with my 3rd "gig" last night (saturday may 8th 04) it was great. in the 1st 2 gigs i had a couple song with some slap & one song that was mostly slap, but never a bass solo. well that all changed last night! i had about a one minute and thirty secong solo, mostly slap with some 16th note fingering stuff. it was great. once i got to the middle i started throwing in all my left handed slap techs & the crowd was going crazy! they were all cheering real loud. one guy screamed out "slap that thang". lol. all in all it was a great show. but it was a talent show & now that were pretty well know in waukegan they always put us at the end of every show so that were the final act. lol so my drummer & i wound up having to move all the stuff around for the other acts. it seemed like a thousand years before we got to play. but when we finally did, the 1st song went perfectly with mess ups, but that was the easy one. then our guitarist did a acoustic song with our friend who sings. then was the final song with the bass solo we call it "the 3rd funk song" & we were doing this all the time up until the day of the show & we were like "uh...we need a name for it" so we saw on the back of a camper it said "Shasta" & we came to find out it was the name of a old pop. so that was the name. it was pretty funny too, because they had that pop at the show. lol. but yea, all in all it was great & we all got through the songs flawlessly.& now im a hero to all the waukegan-ites who like good bass.

2. I did that once too, and everybody got naked.

3. lol yea, sorry there is no point to the story. just thought i would tell everyone.