Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3rd strikes lost angel

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chancelors_Tool, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Okay how many people have heard of this group, and how many have actually bought the C.D.??? It's not really a bass heavy c.d. at all but it blends well with the band....If you haven't bought it or atleast heard of em check it out...the lyrics are definately well written and the music just kinda blends in...well anyway it also doesn't hurt that the singer looks like Andy Reid (Eagles head coach in NFL).

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    People actually BUY this stuff?

3. You said it, Brendan. *shudders*

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, I ain't never gonna Diz-eye!

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Is it just me or does the non-rapping singer in that group sound like he's completely bored out of his mind? "..Must...not.....exert.........effort...."

6. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Sorry, I just can't stand that single they have, they just sound like another one of those rock radio payola bands to me.

7. I can't believe they actually said that...that's like an unwritten rule that you don't say "izz" in between words in a song!

8. don't listen to no light and just download another song....don't diss an entire album based on one crappy song. I mean look at Undertow by Tool.....sober absolutely sucked but that album was outstanding.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Actually, Tool is my favorite band, and I think "Sober" is a great song, in respects to both the bassline and as a whole. I've never actually heard of a Tool fan who didn't like "Sober."

10. I don't know why either diff, but I just can't stand that song....maybe because it spawned a bunch of wannabe fans I don't know. Just don't find it a very good song.

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I fell out of my chair laughing when I first heard that.

12. There's actually only one crappy singer in the group.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So did my brother and I. :D