4...5...6...8.... (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Sep 3, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I finally got my 6 string back from Curbow with the new fretless neck, so I figured it was time for a few pics of all of the Curbows (unfortunately, my digital camera is on its last legs).

Pic one has my first two Curbows: 4 string fretless (circa 1989) with one piece mahogany body with Brazillian rosewood/Brazillian rosewood set neck, and passive Bart P/J pickups.

1995 5 string Int'l Petite with semi hollow Purpleheart/lacewood body and rockwood/rockwood neck. Elcetronics are Bartolini pickups with 18V EMG preamp.

Second pic is my 1993 Petite with a figured maple top and mahogany back. Original neck was purpleheart/ebony fretted, but the new neck is a ca. 2001 lined (black lines on black board) fretless rockwood/rockwood. Electronics are Bart split coils with 9V Bartolini preamp.

The other bass is my new 2002 8 string fretless with a burled elm top/one piece mahogany back. Neck is quartersawn rockwood lite with a rockwood fretboard. Bartolini quad coil pickups with 18V Bartolini preamp.

The basses missing are my heavily modified MIA 75 Jazz reissue, DeArmond Ashbory, and my Peavey Pallaedium/Warmoth/Still-in-progress-so-I-don't-know-exactly-what's-going-to-become-of-it :D

I'm a very happy guy.

EDIT: Yes, I know I need to clean the fingerprints off of them....
  2. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    That's a neat lookin 4!
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, nice little family you got there jason. is it gonna grow anytime soon ? :D
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    No, no don't! Fingerprints are an indication of love! :p
    BTW, why'd you choose that particular p'up placement on the 4?
  5. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    What? More Curbows? Probably, but not any time in the near future. Although, I wish someone would hurry up and buy the XT33 5 string that Bass NW has for the ridiculous rice of $999, already. I don't need it, but it's giving me GAS for the price, alone. In the future, I'm looking to get a singlecutaway with a lightwave setup, but it's going to be a long time before I can get started.

Thanks, Patrick--I love that bass.

Woodchuck--that bass was bought already completed in 1989, so Greg chose to put the pickups that way, not me. It's passive now, but it was active when I got it. Strung up with Roto Monel flats, it sounds huge. Teeny neck, light bass, huge sound. :D
  6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas

Those are some nice looking basses you have there!
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Me likey! I'd get a Curbow, if I had some money.
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

hey, i played that one today...oh dear lord! woo! sweet bass...along with several others. i picked up an eden 115xlt to go with the metro. sounds pretty sweet ;) nice pics man...ya know, that red xt-33 would look very awesome next to your others hee hee
  9. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Did I really say ridiculous rice? :rolleyes:

Brendan--don't lie. If you had some money, you'd buy one of everything! :D

Neptoon-Yes, it would look nice next to the others. Now, shut up. :p
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, yeah. Who wouldn't?